Tuesday, June 7, 2011

That's Pretty Freaky, Bowie

This is my current favourite picture. I. LOVE. IT. I love that Diana looks so simultaneously scandalised and peeved. I love that this could be because she can hear what Bowie's saying, or it could be because some drunk bird is dribbling on her husband's shoulder. I love how polite Charles looks towards the possibly plastered girl beside him. I love that it looks like Bowie, John Deacon, Brian May and Roger Taylor are having a cheeky bitch about the guys in front, emphasised by Taylor's secretive palm and Bowie's knowing smile. I love that between them, Diana, May and Bowie are keeping Schwarzkopf in business. And most of all I love the frumpy three women in the back row, who clearly have no idea they're being photographed despite the rock-star royalty in front of them, and the ACTUAL royalty in the front row. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment